Friday, June 6, 2014

Squat and Bench-First Month Done!

WOO I officially finished my first month of my Gaglione Strength program! I am feeling phenom, but we'll get to that later...

Squat and bench workouts this week went really well. Weight was moderate for each-just about 60% of my max squat and about 65% of my max bench. Working with light weights is hard for me because I like lifting heavy, but I know this will pay off in the long run. Here are my workouts:

Squat
Beltless Pause Squat (3 ct)
95x2, 105x2, 110x2, 115x2, 110x2, 110x2, 105x2, 95x2

Stiff Leg Deads (Sumo Stance)
95x12, 115x12

SB Leg Curl
2x12
Side Plank
2x0:35

Circle Side Steps
2x25
Dead Bugs
2x12

Backwards Sled
2x0:30


Bench:
Long Pause Bench
45x3, 55x3, 65x3, 65x3, 75x3, 65x3, 65x3, 55x3, 45x3

Incline Press
2x15x15lbs
Pull-ups
2xAMAP....got 2 each set
CSR
2x15x15lbs
DB Front/Side Raise
2x15x8lbs
Facepull
2x20x30lbs

Battle Ropes
2x0:35


So, as I mentioned above I have been feeling GREAT on this new program. My back isn't in constant, dull pain like it was before and I haven't had any problems with my shoulders or knees. I've done things I've never been able to do before....like unassisted pull-ups for the first time EVER! I feel so much stronger, especially in my upper body and back. I really think the low volume was a good idea. I have more recovery time and I'm not beating myself up as much in the gym. I'm used to doing a whole list of accessory work for each lift....now I only do 2 supersets for a total of 4 exercises. At first I was skeptical, and thought it would feel like I wasn't doing anything, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I leave the gym every time feeling like I had a great workout. I'm able to push myself a little more because I'm "doing less". All my doubts are gone now-I'm certain the decision to work with John was the best decision I could have made for my training. If I feel this good after just 4 weeks, I can't wait to see where I'll be in another 2 months! My coach has definitely earned himself a client for life!

Check him out at  http://www.gaglionestrength.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaglionestrength
Instagram: @gagli1strength
Twitter: @gagli1strength

You can also follow me at @cahrissay for both twitter and instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment