Thursday, May 15, 2014

Front Squats?!

So today was my second day of my GS program and it called for....front squats. Not my favorite thing in the world BUT I know they're good for me so I gotta do em! I had 2 main barbell movements today then the rest was bodyweight stuff. Workout is below:

Front Squat
95x5, 95x5, 105x5, 95x5, 95x5

Stiff Leg Deads
95x5, 105x5, 105x5

Ball Hamstring Curls
4x6
Side Plank
3x0:35 each side

Circle Side Steps
4x15 each side
Ball Dead Bugs
4x6 each side

"Sled" Backwards Pull
4x each way
for my "sled" I had to strap a TRX band around a 45 plate and drag it....thinking creatively!

My hamstrings are already sore from those stiff leg deads....and my back is a bit lit up from the front squats but I know it will help strengthen that weak spot for me. So far I'm loving this program! Last day of this week tomorrow so stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment