Monday, May 12, 2014

GS Program, Day 1

So I am FINALLY back on track after taking an extra week off due to unexpected circumstances (lots of family stuff going on last week!) And I have some exciting news....I decided that I really would benefit from working with a coach. So...I decided to try online coaching with John Gaglione! I'm super excited about this! Today was my first day of the program and I think it went well! Definitely need to get back in my groove....I'll never take 2 weeks off again!

So I'm now starting my weeks off with deadlifts instead of squats. Definitely a weird change for me since I've been squatting every Monday for the past 2 years! Here's the workout:

Sumo Deadlift in Oly Shoes-Speed
135x3, 135x3, 145x3, 155x3, 155x3, 145x3, 135x3, 135x3
(He has me in my olys so I'm lifting from a very slight deficit)

Seated DB OH Press
15x8, 20x8, 20x8, 15x8
Flexed Arm Hang
0:20, 0:25, 0:30

Barbell Glute Bridge
95x8, 115x8, 125x8
Bottom Up Push-Up
4 sets of 6

KB Suitcase Hold
3x0:35x40

So....less accessory work than I'm used to doing but it was definitely more challenging. I haven't done that much volume deadlifitng in a long time and I can already feel that I'm going to be sore for the next couple days! I'm excited to see how I progress on this program. Its very different from anything I've ever done and I think I need that. Next day is squats on Thursday! Can't wait! (deadlift videos below)


No comments:

Post a Comment