Friday, May 30, 2014

Paused, Beltless Squats

Yesterday was my squat day and I'm finally back to back squats after a few weeks of front squatting. Today called for paused and beltless squats. I was a little nervous about this because I've never paused anything above 115 and I always put my belt on above 105 because I get nervous about my back. I actually surprised myself a lot with this workout, and ended up pausing 135 for 3! I was super pumped. And my back didn't hurt at all and feels fine today. So I think I'm definitely going to try to use my belt less so I can continue to strengthen my back. Also, I put a band around my waist so I would have something to breathe against, but it doesn't offer any support at a ll like a belt does.

Beltless Pause Squat (3 ct)
95x3, 105x3, 115x3, 125x3, 135x3

 
Stiff Leg Deads
95x6, 105x6, 115x6, 105x6, 95x6

SB Leg Curl
5x6
Side Plank
3x0:45

Circle Side Steps
5x12
Dead Bugs
5x8

Backwards Sled
3x0:30

Videos of the squats are below. I will be doing my bench workout on Saturday since I'm going to Summer Jam tonight! I'm so excited! Hope everyone has a FAB weekend, check back in on Sunday for my bench workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment